It is 2012 and after the record Christmas shopping I am sure we could all do with some extra cash in the New Year. So here are five ways you can generate some quick cash. it might not be a lot, but if nobody is going to just bring you $50 or $100, then you should think about these things. What could you do with an extra $50 or $100 per week or even per month?
1.Sell Online. You have shoes and clothes you have not worn in years and they are new with the tags on, sell them on Ebay or Amazon.
2. Start your Mary Kay business. Mary Kay is an opportunity to earn as much extra money as you want to earn. You can build a team or you can just sell the products. You get a website for $50 per year with all the products and people can pay with their credit card. Think about it? Visit the website http://www.marykay.com for more information.
3. Babysitting?Pet-sitting? House-sitting. These are things you can do with very little start up money. You can do this part time for a few extra dollars or you can do it full time. You can even pick up children from school if you drive and keep them until 6pm when their parents come. You can make an extra $50 per child. Check with your state to find out the requirements.
4. Cook. Most people can cook. I’m sure people praised your cooking over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. If they work find out – offer to cater their next meeting or event. Maybe you can go to the nearby garage or gas station and offer to prepare lunch for the workers.
5. Bake.Yes! Bake. You can probably make cake or cookies and again, you can offer to cater for local businesses and make cakes for birthdays and other events. Everyday somebody is having a birthday. What if you could have two or three cake orders per week at $20-$30 per cake?
6. House cleaning or days work. Offer to clean and dust somebody’s house and make an extra $75-100 for your day.
These ideas might not be anything new, they might not even make the breaking news, but they might just be reminders that in 2012, nothing is going to just be handed to you. Learn to take action and instead of asking what happened, you make something happen. If you can’t find a job- create a job. Every problem is an opportunity for somebody to make money or provide a service. Be solution oriented rather than problem oriented and you will turn your questions into answers. Go for it!